The Association of Connecticut Fairs, Inc. awards three (3) scholarships of $1,000.00 each to a graduating high school senior or a current college student to assist them with their education at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- One (1) $1,000.00 scholarship to a graduating senior or college student who will be pursuing a course of study in agriculture, family consumer science, or a related field during the next school year.
- One (1) $1,000.00 scholarship to a graduating senior or college student who will be pursuing a course of study in any field during the next school year.
- One (1) $1,000 scholarship to a graduating senior or college student to be chosen at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
- The applicant must be a high school senior or a current college student and must be or have been an active participant in a member fair of The Association of Connecticut Fairs, Inc.
- Applicants may be required to be interviewed at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants must return the completed application form to the sponsoring Fair Secretary or Adult 4-H Representative by May 15 of the given year.
- The sponsoring Fair Secretary/Adult 4-H Representative is to forward screened and signed applications to the Chair of the Scholarship Committee by May 30 of that given year. (Address is at the bottom of the last page). IMPORTANT: Member fairs should submit ALL qualified applications for consideration by the Scholarship Committee.
- All questions on the application must be answered to be considered for an award.
An official high school or college transcript must be attached in a sealed envelope. If an official, sealed transcript is not received, the application will be disqualified.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified of their award prior to July 1 of that given year.
- Scholarships will be awarded at the Association of Connecticut Fairs, Inc. Annual (Fall) Meeting. (The meeting usually takes place in November. Winner need not be present but we hope you would be in attendance.)
- Applications will be judged on the following basis:
Fair Participation 40%
Scholastic Standing 10%
Citizenship and Leadership 20%
The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to not issue an award if no applicant adequately fulfills the requirements.
Fairs should promote the scholarship program at fair meetings, other local events, in local newspapers and by contacting their local high school or college guidance department. Each fair should screen the applications to be sure all of the conditions listed above are met. Fairs should submit all qualified applications for consideration by the Scholarship Committee.
SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE CHAIR
Ashley Ivanac - Scholarship Committee Chairperson
1367 Saybrook Road, Haddam, CT 06438